The Sorensen's

Saturday, January 9, 2010

5 Things to remember from 2009!

-This doesn't count as one of the 5 but I remembered my password so I could post something on our blog--yeah for smart Andrea!

Reflecting on 2009:


Number ONE: We announced we would be expecting or first baby (boy) in May of 2010!















Number TWO: We continued to complete races and added in some bike riding this year--luckily with the new baby coming we get to take a break from the Wasatch back relay this year!



--I wasn't as excited about the bike ride as my dad and Mike were....I think it shows!

Number THREE: Both Mike's sister and brother got married!




Number FOUR: I (Andrea) put on and took off braces in the same year.....sorry to all those teens out there who had to wear them for 2 to 3 years aka Mike!





I probably should have had them on longer, well in fact I know I should have had them on longer but thanks to Curt and Annie for getting married I got them off early. I'm not complaining!!!


Number FIVE: Mike was diagnosed with testicular cancer. However, surgery was successful and we have avoided Chemo or radiation so far. He will still go back every three months to determine if it returns but for now we are very grateful for the postive outcome from surgery. Thanks again to everyone for your support!!


This is the only picture I could find of Mike post surgery....he had plenty of time during his recovery to catch up on movies, magazines and sleep! Kennedi and Mike demonstrated a little of the movie watching. He was more than glad to go back to work after Christmas....it can get a little boring at home all day with not a lot to do.


2009 was full of adventure and we can't wait to start another year! Happy 2010!

5 comments:

nancy said...

Yeah I am so excited you are back in the blogging world :)
I am so happy about all your 5 things to remember in 2009.

Happy you and Mike are having a little man :)

Happy about the two weddings

Glad you have perfect teeth

ok with a year of from Wasatch Back

Thankful/Blessed Mike is ok. Thanks for taking such good care of the Bro :)
Love ya

nancy said...

off form Wasatch Back not a year of it. I might kill myself if we had to do it for a year

Jaime said...

Congratulations Andrea!! I didn't know you were expecting, and what a fun way to tell everyone.
I hope all continues to go well with your husband.
That last picture of you without your braces you look so much like your mom, you are beautiful!!!

Jill said...

Glad you're back to blogging Andrea and SO excited about your baby!

Love you guys!

LJ Lately said...

Hey Andrea! Wow you really had an eventful year! Congrats on the baby! You are going to be an awesome mother! Cute blog!